Monday, January 14, 2013

Ephraim's Rescue (2013)

From Darin Southam's Facebook Page
Release Date: Summer 2013

Directed by: T.C. Christensen (17 miracles, Only a Stonecutter)
Synopsis: By listening to and following his heart, Ephraim Hanks finds his way in life and eventually provides relief and rescue to the suffering Martin Handcart Company. Based on a true story. - IMDB
Starring: Darin Southam as Empraim Hanks. Also in the film Jeremy Hoop, Rick Macy and others.

Website: https://www.facebook.com/EphraimsRescue

"... The sun was about an hour high in the west when I spied something in the distance that looked like a black streak in the snow. As I got near to it, I perceived it moved; then I was satisfied that this was the long-looked-for handcart company, led by Captain Edward Martin." -Emphraim Hanks
Read more about his story in the LDS Church News.




This is a preview from KSL, 5 with a behind the scenes look on this upcoming movie. 

Ephraim Hanks
Behind the scenes photos from Darin Southam's facebook page:

First day of filming aboard the USS Columbia
("The Interceptor" from Pirates of The Caribbean.)

"Last day of filming until the winter sequence
 on 'Ephraim's Rescue'. We pick up again in December."


3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is my great great great grandfather. I have loved learning about him ever since I was little and I tell people his stories every chance I get. I'm so excited that they're making a movie about him, but I know there is absolutely no way they can portray his whole legacy. It will only be a very small part of it. He was one of the most amazing men to have lived, I believe, and I sincerely hope that they do a good job of capturing the correct spirit. I'm excited, too, that this movie might be of help once I enter the mission field this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they do a good job too. Good luck on your mission! Thanks for telling us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this movie and I can just say that it was wonderfully portrayed and what an awesome story! Knowing that this really happened in real life made it even more compelling. I was fortunate that I had tissues with me and about 2/3 of the way through the movie I realized my heart was pounding! I have never had an experience like that in a movie! I loved this movie from the start to the final credits! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete